Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Mr. Tax Man

That's what I called Josh this weekend. I married a man who loves to do taxes. How lucky am I? Very, very lucky. Josh and I are similar in many ways when it comes to our personality. But opposites do attract in one spot in our relationship--taxes! He loves to do them, and I hate to do them.

So he spent a good deal of the weekend working on them (after spending several days drooling at the mailbox, hoping all our forms would come). He dragged his computer into the living room and got all cozy on the couch. Once in a while he would take a break and listen to music and get lost in it. It was pretty funny to watch, and awfully cute too.

I got two short videos of Mr. Tax Man during his "breaks." In the first one, he had no idea I was recording him until the end. He was so lost in his music. In the second one, if you listen hard you can hear him singing along, and at the end he says, "Taxes always make me excited."

On a more serious note, one of my aunts who lives in Winnipeg is very sick. She has cancer which reappeared after everyone thought it was gone. And now she also has a very rare and complicated syndrome called paraneoplastic syndrome. From what I understand, her immune system recognizes there is cancer in her body, but while it is fighting the cancer it also is inexplicably attacking her own brain (the cerebellum), causing a lot of neurological damage. It's more complicated than that, but you can do your own research if you want to know more. She is a fun-loving, passionate, sensitive person, and this is very difficult (especially since she's only in her 50's). Any prayers and good wishes are very, very welcomed.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love to do taxes . . . but Greg hates to do them. Doesn't it work out well?? We've decided that he'll do dishes and cleaning and cooking, while I grocery shop and do taxes. Sounds like a good deal to me!