Monday, December 08, 2008

shh...

It has been very quiet at the DB-M household. That's because Josh lost his voice about a week ago, and it hasn't come back yet. I'm not quite sure how he managed to teach with no voice, but apparently he did.

He had a mild cold a couple of weeks ago, which went away. But then last week he lost his voice, and a few days later he got really sick. He was so sick on Saturday that I took him to the walk-in clinic. The doctor said it's just a virus. I'm still not completely convinced that it isn't influenza, given the aggressive nature of this thing, and how long it's lasting.

This morning he said he's feeling better, but I think he still has a long way to go. He stayed home this morning, but he has to go to school this afternoon because the elementary students are having their Christmas program tonight. Talk about bad timing! Please send good thoughts Josh's way as he directs the program tonight, sick and voiceless.

I am feeling OK. We have both not been sleeping well--Josh because he's sick, and me because Josh is coughing so much. I'm going on 3 nights of no sleep, so I'm feeling a bit spacey right now. I don't want to jinx it by talking about it, but if I don't get sick, I will have my theories why I escaped it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

LOVE the new look. you are beautiful!