Tuesday, December 16, 2008

concerts

I know much of the country is in a deep-freeze right now--we are too. Brr. We also had a big blizzard this past Saturday, which was kind of fun!

Anyway, it feels like things are winding down around here. Josh is nearly 100% recovered from that nasty, nasty illness he had (still crossing my fingers that I don't get it). I have final portfolios from my students coming in later this week, so I have those to grade and final grades to figure out. But can I say how glorious it is to be at the end of a semester and NOT have to write a 20-25 page paper (or two)? It is so wonderful.

The elementary school concert was a week ago already. Despite Josh's being sick, it was a big hit! (I've included some short videos below) It was pretty fun to watch him up there, directing and even joining the kids for some dancing and other activities. The audience really loved it, because who can resist cute kids?

Last night was the middle school/highschool concert. It was also a really beautiful concert--a lessons and carols service. I was so caught up in it that I completely forgot to take any pictures of it.... :( But it was also well-received by the audience.

So now we can relax and look forward to the upcoming break. Oh, I have a cute story. A while ago, Josh and I were at a school volleyball game, and we were sitting by one of Josh's grade 1 students and her mom. So last night the mom and the little girl came up to me and the mom said, "After we met you at the game, my daughter said, 'Mr. Meendering's wife is sooo pretty!'" Sorry, I can't help it--I just thought that was so adorable.

Anyway, here's some short videos of the elementary kids in this order: 1) kindergarteners, 2) grade 1, 3) grade 3 (ha ha, my personal favourite--seeing Josh line-dancing) and 4) the whole group (K-5):

3 comments:

Margaret said...

To my beautiful sister:
Your husband is cool.
love, Margaret

Allison said...

I loved the part where Josh ran under all the kids' arms. Hee.

Sean said...

WOW! 3 key changes and a coda ending! Fabuloso! Bravo!!!
Tell Josh that he should do his own bragging on his own website! :)