Sunday, September 14, 2008

what I did on my weekend

*** went to Pita Pit for supper with Josh and remembered how much I love baba ganouj.
*** thought about making baba ganouj myself, then decided not to.
*** watched Bill Moyer's journal on PBS.
*** was relieved to discover factcheck.org. After becoming obsessed with the presidential race and watching every single speech for both the Democratic and Republican conventions, I was getting very crabby and disillusioned with the attack ads both sides are engaged in. I hate it when those ads spout ridiculous things and pass it off as the truth. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING you see unless you verify the facts! (McCain's ads have been more ridiculous and sleazy than Obama's, but they are both guilty.)
***worked on my CV: ***read some great poetry:
***walked to the public library (my office away from home, lately) because they have a really great DVD collection--what is better than getting to watch films for FREE?
*** some general silliness, as all weekends seem to have. Here Josh is playing air guitar--he made sure I would say it was to Warren Zevon (???). We also howled along to "Werewolves in London":
*** wow, some heavy-duty cleaning too. I did most of the apartment, but Josh tackled the bathroom. I think he spent a total of 6 hours on it, with a toothbrush! (and no, I did not encourage that level of cleaning, but I guess he was on a mission):

I am more sane with the vacuum cleaner:
*** I made pizza. I made a bunch of pizza dough, meaning to freeze most of it, so we could have it later. I guess the dough was still rising, because I opened the freezer an hour after I put several bags in there, and one of the bags had exploded! But the pizza was good:
*** Josh changed the oil in the car.
*** we talked to all of our parents.
*** I spent way too long looking at Wee Houses, trying to suppress my covetous feelings.
*** we tried to find Hyalite Reservoir, a place recommended to us for some great hiking. We must have missed a turn somewhere, because we found ourselves on the road down to Yellowstone:

*** we took it for a while, then turned around by Big Sky, another big ski resort:
*** stopped by a nice, cool stream:
*** cuddly hubby:

*** the weekend was too short.

1 comment:

Gabriel Florit said...

beautiful part of the world you guys live in.