Sunday, September 28, 2008

is the weekend over? really?

I think Josh and I agree that weekends are the funnest, no matter what ends up happening. This weekend, Josh became obsessed with building an "antenna" to see if we could pick up more stations than just PBS (which, really, is good enough for us--we don't want to spend the money or time on cable--but once in a while it would be nice to pick up some of the other larger network stations). So here is Josh with his antenna: Isn't the internet wonderful thing? Apparently the instructions for this antenna also included some comments along the lines of: "wives might not be happy with the antenna's eyesore factor." I can't say I'm one of those wives, but the antenna was not so amazing as was promised.

I made another pizza. Green Pizza--chicken pesto. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Perhaps the frozen dough doesn't work so well?
A couple of weeks ago we tried finding Hyalite Reservoir and instead ended up driving towards Yellowstone. Well, this weekend we found it. To my delight, but also dismay, the leaves are starting to change colour. I guess it is fall, after all...

We found it!

We took a picnic along and ate in the sun along the water's shore.

All good picnics must include chocolate:

Afterwards, Josh took a nice nap in the sun and I read my (fun) book.
We live in a pretty dry area; the water looks quite receded:

What is it??!

Unfortunately, all weekends must come to an end. Also unfortunate is that I came down with the sore throat that Josh had last weekend. :(

1 comment:

Margaret said...

that looks like a nice weekend!